
A Thai traditional breakfast as we can see often consists of rice soup with chopped pork(Jok), Khao Tom, BBQ pork with sticky rice, deep fried pasty(Pa Tong Koh) or soya milk Mostly we go for rice as it is part of our culture and then diversify to many kinds of dishes. In the morning we won’t be disappointed to find foods to eat for the kick start of the day as there are many vendors and shops open their businesses from the crack of dawn. "Jok" with egg is my favorite dish for breakfast I don't forget to add spring onions and thin slices of ginger on top of it.
In fact, breakfast is very important for our health. A healthy breakfast should contain some protein and some fiber. Protein can come from low fat meats, eggs, beans, or soy. Thai foods seem to have all of what they suggest, don't they?
Since thesedays more and more Thai people have various choices so we are converting to English and American breakfast which are breads, jams, beacons, hams or Corn Flakes as it is easy to prepare and eat. Moreover, these things can be kept for the next few days. Our culture becomes more diverse in breakfast more than in the past. In case, we make our own breakfast Do you think majority of Thai people are changing their habits to Western cultures particularly new generation? Because Thai foods take longer time to prepare and then cook. On the other hand, Western breakfast just only take a few seconds. I read an article from a magazine, the best time to have breakfast should be around 7-9 a.m.
If you skip breakfast, tomorrow morning remember to eat a healthy foods before starting the day.
In fact, breakfast is very important for our health. A healthy breakfast should contain some protein and some fiber. Protein can come from low fat meats, eggs, beans, or soy. Thai foods seem to have all of what they suggest, don't they?
Since thesedays more and more Thai people have various choices so we are converting to English and American breakfast which are breads, jams, beacons, hams or Corn Flakes as it is easy to prepare and eat. Moreover, these things can be kept for the next few days. Our culture becomes more diverse in breakfast more than in the past. In case, we make our own breakfast Do you think majority of Thai people are changing their habits to Western cultures particularly new generation? Because Thai foods take longer time to prepare and then cook. On the other hand, Western breakfast just only take a few seconds. I read an article from a magazine, the best time to have breakfast should be around 7-9 a.m.
If you skip breakfast, tomorrow morning remember to eat a healthy foods before starting the day.
Phitchaya (Som)
4 comments:
I agree that breakfast is the most important meal. I used to skip breakfast because I didn’t have time to prepare and I found that it made me really starving for lunch and I ate a lot of food for lunch. And from eating too much lunch made me feel sleepy in the afternoon. Now I eat breakfast everyday. My breakfast is normally fried egg, boiled egg or rice soup since it is easy to prepare. I sometime eat American breakfast too like cornflake with fruits and milk, sausages and toast.
I really encourage everyone to eat breakfast. Some people misunderstanding that breakfast may cause increasing weight, actually breakfast will make you eat less for lunch and dinner. Energy that we eat from breakfast will be using during the day. So if you wanna start having breakfast let’s try from boiled egg and a glass of milk and a piece of toast or rice soup with egg you will feel so good and fresh during the day.
Noi ;)
As we know breakfast is the most important meal in a day because we need an energy in order to do an activity. It is a wrong belief to skip a meal especially breakfast among those women who are in diet. Some people like me may skip breakfast because of it takes time.
It is good if we talk about Thai and werstern food. Both of them are very good for health and western seems to influence Thai culture as well. For a new generation, they turn to pay more attention to western food. It is not a bad thing to do that but our Thai food may be deleted from their mind.
By the way, try to find a good thing for health; good food and regularly exercising are enough for health.
ann
I agree that breakfast is the most important meal. But I skip my breakfast. I often have breakfast on weekends. Because I have time to prepare it by myself. No one in my family have breakfast. My parents drink a cup of coffee and then go to work. Sometimes I drink some milk before going to work. I'm not hungry. My big meal is dinner. We eat a lot of food because my mother cooks delicious food every day. In fact, we should eat little dinner but we should eat a lot of breakfast. Because breakfast is very important for our health. We use energy all day. Skipping breakfast is bad for our health. When I was young, I used to suffer from a stomachache. My mother forced me to have breakfast but I didn't obey her. Then, my sister told me to eat a banana in the morning because a banana can portect you from a stomachache. I tried to eat it. It's real. Now, I always eat a banana for my breakfast. If you have a stomachache, let's try to eat a banana. Finally, don't skip breakfast because it's very bad for your health. I will try to eat breakfast more often because I want to have a good health.
Working around 8.00 am is the major cause for not having time for breakfast. I'm the one who rarely have breakfast cause it takes time to prepare. However, if I'm not forget, I'll prepare in the evening for the next morning. Not having breafast makes the lunch time as the breakfast and dinner as lunch. This will cause the problem of getting fatter and fatter. Actually if one can reduce the amount of food for dinner he/she might not face with the weight problem. So, I totally agree that one should better have breakfast with full of nutrition for your health and brain
Post a Comment