Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Food for Health


Do you like to eat vegetarian food or eating meat ?
Do you think eating vegetarian food is healthier than eating meat ?

In the present time, food is very important for health. A large number of people want to choose to eat healthy food especially women. Because women always care of their body shapes. Many people believe that eating useless food makes them unhealthy or gets sick easily. So, some groups of people stop eating meat and try to eat more vegetarian food. Because they believe that eating meat makes them get sick easily because there is a lot of lipid in meat. When people have a lot of lipid in body, it causes of being fat and a lot of disease. On the other hand, eating vegetarian food is better because there is less lipid and there is more nutrient. Vegetarians eats grains, vegetables, fruits, nuts, bread and seeds so they can live longer. Moreover, vegetarian food can reduce the incidence of heart disease, cancer, blood pressure or kidney stones. Vegetarian eaters have less risk to get sick than eating meat. In contrast, some people have different idea. They think meat-eaters can get all kinds of nutrition especially protein. Because meat gives more protein than vegetarian food. When people eat meat, they are stronger and have more energy to study or work. They think protein is very important for body. In my opinion, I think eating meat is better than eating vegetarian food. I used to eat vegetarian food. After eating a few hours, I felt I was not full and I was often hungry all day. I wanted to eat all the time. So, I stopped eating vegetarian food because I think it’s bad for my stomach. I compared when I ate food cooked with meat, I was not hungry. I choose to eat only pork and fish because I think it’s good for my health. In addition, I like to eat various kinds of vegetables very much. I also eat vegetables and meat every meal. However, eating meat or vegetarian food is good for people’s body or not, people should know how to eat properly and exercise every day. Not only food but also exercise makes people healthy. Do you agree with me ?


By Sunee Samjai 490132059

5 comments:

Go 4 Food said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think people should aim thier concentrate on the calories rather than what they are eating. No matter meat or vegetable, if we consume too much, we'll become risk of having healty problems. However, for those who are fasting for losing weight, they are easy to face with illness. We should have enough calories just for daily use. To do so, for controlling our weight and health. Moreover, well excercise should be done along with the diet and consume enough calories. Sleep well, excercise well, and eat enough calories you will stay far away from any illnesses.

Anonymous said...

Over a period of time, my eating habits have changed

When I was young I didn’t like eating vegetable at all, I think it is a typical habit of children. I must admit media have influenced on my perception of eating vegetables a lot. Nine out of ten articles in magazines are talking about the positive side of vegetables and saying quite a negative approach to eating meat. So the proportion on my plate seems to be on vegetable side.

In Thailand, around in October it is vegetarian season of Chinese-Thai tradition. They call it the “Jay” festival. Shops that sell vegetarian food will show a “yellow flag” I take the advantage of this event to become a vegetarian. The vegetarian season last about 10 days, some years I can complete, but some years I can’t. For me, the consequence of not eating meat is not only healthier, but it is also the good inner feeling of not disturbing animal’ s life.

Som

Go 4 Food said...

I like to eat vegetable, but I'm not vegetarian. I love to eat many kinds of vegetable both fresh and cooked. When I was young I didn't like vegetable, but when I grow up I realized that vegetable is good for health. So I started to find the way to enjoy eating vegetable and I found it. My secret is blending vegetable and fruits together so I can eat many kinds of vegetable and fruits at the same time when the taste is really good and it’s easy to swallow. If you find it hard to eat vegetable I would like recommend my veggie drink at least one glass per day for good health.

Protein is very important for our health, but protein from animal is difficult to digest, however, if we consume in a small amount per meal that would be fine. For me, I love fish both sea fish and fresh water fish. Fish contain high protein and protein in fish is easy to digest. So, you are what you eat if you eat good food you will have good health, but if you eat bad food you will have bad health.

Noi ;)

Aj.thanyalak said...

I prefer vegetarian food to meat. In my opinion I think it is good for my health. It also provides healthful benefits in the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases. People decide to become a vegetarian for many reasons. Some common motivators include the environment, animal rights, and health. I couldn't say I'm a vegetarian because I don't have vegetarian food every meals at my house but I try to avoid eating meat.I think meat is hard to digest. I avoid protine from meat but I try to get it from soy instead. I think "you are what you eat" works, if I eat a pig, I'll become fat like a pig. But if I have a vegetable, I'll be slim, thin like a fresh vegetable.